When you purchase a new Chevy car, truck, or SUV for sale near Indiana, you’ll have access to HomeLink®, a wireless control system that’s built into your automobile. This system allows you to perform a variety of tasks with the simple click of a button such as open and close your garage door, activate and deactivate home security systems, and turn off/on your home interior and exterior lights, appliances, and other technology. Ready to know more about HomeLink® capabilities and how to program the system with Watson East? Read on, below!
If you’re still wondering, “what is HomeLink®?” New Alexandria-area drivers who have a HomeLink® equipped Chevy vehicle like the Equinox or Blazer can enjoy the convenience of easily connecting your automobile to your home. Here are some of the benefits you can look forward to with the HomeLink® system:
- Compatibility–HomeLink® is compatible with nearly all garage door openers, gate systems, in addition to additional radio-frequency (RF) controlled devices.
- Connect Up to 3 Devices–HomeLink® allows you to conveniently control up to three devices from your vehicle’s interior.
- Safety & Security–Not only is HomeLink® compatible with most garage door openers, but this system will also notify you when the garage door has been left open or closed. HomeLink® apps also allow you to remotely control other in-home devices such as your lights and security systems.
- No Batteries Needed–Since HomeLink® is powered by your Chevy vehicle’s electrical system, you won’t have to worry about changing batteries.
Homelink® is available in most new and pre-owned vehicles, including many of the models in our used Buick Encore inventory.
How to Program Homelink®
Programming your Chevy vehicle with HomeLink® in Latrobe is a fairly easy process. All you have to do is follow these steps below to connect your garage door opener to your Chevy:
- The HomeLink® unit is typically located on your car’s ceiling or above the center console. When you locate it, you’ll notice that the unit has three buttons. Press and hold down the first and third buttons until the car’s interior lights start to flash. This will take about 20 seconds. Keep in mind that pressing the first and third buttons is that master reset, you don’t always have to do this when adding additional devices.
- Once the ceiling lights begin to flash, press and hold the button you’d like to program while simultaneously holding the open/close button on your garage door opener. The lights should go from a slow to rapid flash, indicating that the programming is complete.
- Go into your garage and press the “learn” button on your garage door opener.
- Return to your vehicle and press the programmed button on your car for a minimum of two seconds. If the lights on your garage door opener flash, this means that it is being connected.
Learn More About Chevrolet Tech with Watson East
Now that we’ve answered the question, “what is HomeLink®,” find out what else you can look forward to in a Chevy vehicle from Chevy Cares to OnStar. Or, if you’d like to experience the convenience of HomeLink® in person, contact us to arrange a test drive in your favorite Chevrolet model.